Saturday, November 14, 2009

What do you think this is?

Here are the symptoms:


- abdominal pain (mainly discomfort)


- A diagnosis (that is now gone) of constipation


- Extreme fatigue


- Bloated


- Loss of appetite


- Unusual weight gain


- Legs tend to be very weak


- Dull and achy pain


- On sides below ribs


- Stomach area


- pelvic


- both sides and middle


- high theigh


- Lower back


-Tender to touch


- stomach + pelvic area


- Low grade fever - off and on





My blood tests came back fine. X-Ray's showed that the constipation was gone but I still have the pain. Fever tends to go away for two days at the most, then come back. It hurts to go to the bathroom (straining makes it worse) (the pain is a feeling of fullness and pressure/dull and achy). I'm 13 and female. Ovarian Cancer/Cysts run in the family, Breast Cancer runs in the family (grandmother died from it), and I was born without 1 artery in the umbilical cord. They said I would have rectal problems (maybe) from that at this age. What do you suspect this is?

What do you think this is?
you remind me of myself when i was 12. i was dxed with crohns but nothing showed upon my xrays/scopes until i was 16. still, my GI went with his instinct and dxed me anyway seeing as the outer physical symptoms were consistent with Crohns. fatigue, pain, blood in stool, low grade fever, nausea, the big d at times.





Things have gotten much better in diagnosing though. There is a blood test, cld Prometheus, used to tell if a person has crohns. Also, colonoscopies, endoscopies, and sigmoidoscopies along with a biopsy can assist in finding out if you have IBD.





Call the CCFA or chat online with a healthcare professional who knows alot about Crohns. I've provided the link for you. Best of luck to you.





Oh, you can get a 2nd opinion from another doctor. preferable a GI...one who specializes in digestive disorders.
Reply:I'd suggest going back to the doctor and having an xray done. This symptoms could be a number of different things.

wallflower

No comments:

Post a Comment