Friday, May 21, 2010

Ovarian cysts vs. Cancer???

My OB/GYN has done an ultrasound and said that I have a cyst on my ovary. He has reassured me 100 times because I am the biggest hypochondriac that has ever lived. Anyway, he assures me that its only a cyst. Since then (Jan.), I've had this tight feeling in my hip area and low-back and sometimes when I slightly arch my back out, the pain is worse. I can't tell if it's the cyst or if it's a low-back problem (I work at a computer all day). I also have some feelings like slight cramps like I'm getting ready to start my period and I feel like I have to have a BM frequently. Please tell me these are sx. of a cyst. Should I just believe my doctor and chalk it up to a cyst or should I worry?

Ovarian cysts vs. Cancer???
Well, First, I am a Paramedic...so I have a pretty good deal of medical experience. Second, I am a woman, so I have great experience there too, Finally I also suffer cystic ovaries. The low back pain you feel, I would say has more to do with being on the computer all day. It can however be the cystic ovaries. I know your pain so to speak Becca I get pain in the same place when I have spent a lot of time on the computer. The symptoms CAN include: pressure, fullness, or pain in the abdomen (Cramp like pains),


dull ache in the lower back and thighs,


problems passing urine completely,


pain during sexual intercourse,


weight gain,


painful menstrual periods and abnormal bleeding ,


nausea or vomiting,


breast tenderness,


These are general symptoms. You most likely wont have all of them. A good number of women have cysts on their ovaries and never even know it. You should trust what your doctor says. However if you start having these symptoms you should seek medical help immediately!


pain with fever and vomiting


sudden, severe abdominal pain


faintness, dizziness, or weakness


rapid breathing


These can be symptoms of a more serious condition.
Reply:The mind can play terrible tricks on you. If you believe you are having these symptoms, talk to you doctor, but if you are constantly thinking about them, then you will have them.





I get cysts frequently. Most of the time they shrink back down by themselves, but I have had 2 burst on me, very painful. Don't worry about them unless you are in a lot of pain, then talk to you doctor.


No comments:

Post a Comment