Friday, May 21, 2010

Gastroenterology question: Is this IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), Endmetriosis? Cancer? Ovarian Cysts?

I am a 26 yr old female. About 8 months ago, I started having abdominal pain. I have been to 3 Dr.s (gastro, gyno, and family) and none can solve my problem. 6 months ago I had a negative CT scan (without contrast), negative pelvic exam and negative u/s.


Symptoms: Colicky lower left abdominal pain. Lower abdomen, to left of navel and about 1"-2" down stays sore like I have been kicked there, but sharp pain with a swelling feeling come and go all day (last less than 30 seconds every time). Pain (the continuous soreness) can be felt in same place in low back. Have always had problems with constipation (10+ years), but nothing has changed recently. Bowel movements do not seem to change the pain. I have another appt. with gastro tomorrow due to increased pain. I don't know what I should ask her to try or do, she told me at the last appt. she doesn't know what else to do. I had a negative colonoscopy 1 yr ago before problems started. Any suggestions or similar symptoms

Gastroenterology question: Is this IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), Endmetriosis? Cancer? Ovarian Cysts?
I would ask if there are any other diagnostic testing that you can do like a MRI or a barium swallow, or a ct scan with contrast. If all the test come back neg. try getting a second opinion.

flowers baby

No comments:

Post a Comment