Monday, May 17, 2010

Anyone gone through ovarian caner?

I just wanted someone to talk to. I was diganosed with ovarian cancer and just the start of it and going through a historectomy. Im having a hard time.

Anyone gone through ovarian caner?
I'm sorry to hear that. My bestfriend went through ovarian cancer and she was diagnosed when she was 20 and beat the disease 2 years later and now she has been cancer free for 8 years. I empathize with you greatly. Don't let this disease "beat you up", think positive and do the things that you enjoy always as if the cancer didn't exist. My friend was tired a lot and there were days where she cried a lot, but she told me what kept her going was the love and the strength that her friends and family gave her and most of all her determination to beat cancer. Her secret was to live life normally and do things that she would do everyday and exercise and take vitamins. There were days where she was tired and run down, but that didn't stop her strength and determination. Think positive. You can reach me via e-mail Kl4k8@umkc.edu.


1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. I was diagnosed in early May 2008 with Stage IV Ovarian Cancer. I had a total hysterectomy, had my spleen removed, a part of my diaphragm and 6 inches of colon removed. I felt as if I were hit by a truck when I woke up from surgery. My oncologist told me he took me to the edge. Because, had he not done an aggressive surgery, I wouldn't have lived long. I am happy to report that I am now past the two year mark, cancer free! I don't worry about tomorrow. I have a 4 year old little girl and I stay positve, focused and grateful, every day of my life. I live with a purpose and appreciate all the beauty life has to offer. I follow my doctor's suggestions, eat well, sleep, vitamins, fruits and veggies. No smoking, of course and very minimal alcohol, if any, exercise, etc. I went through 6 (every three weeks) rounds of chemo: taxol and carboplatin, and then a weekly chemo treatment of taxol for 12 weeks. Tell me, what stage were you diagnosed with? What is going on with you now? I'd love to help.

    ReplyDelete