Monday, May 17, 2010

Has anyone had Ovarian Cysts or PCOS?

I have been nauseas/vomiting daily for four months. Over the past year I have gained 50 pounds, when I eat healthy and exercise almost daily. I was never thin, but was in shape and now I can't lose or even maintain my weight, as well as I get lil' bumps on my arms and feet, sometimes neck (almost like a hive), facial hair, and pelvic pain. Originally I thought it was stress, but after a whiel I felt I needed to go to the dr. I went to my regular Dr. he did a blood test where it came back that i had a 120 testosterone level. My dr. told me I may have PCOS or possibly ovarian cancer. I then went to the gyno and he did an exam and said that he doens't think it is PCOS because my menstral cycle is ok. He did say he thinks he feels cyst/s. I am going in a few days for a ultra soudn and vaginal probe, but I was wondering in the meantime if anyone has had any similar symptoms, my biggest concern is the excessive weight gain and vomiting.

Has anyone had Ovarian Cysts or PCOS?
I have PCOS ! But not such symptoms. Have you got your thyroid tested. Weight gain cam be probabaly because of that ! But you have regular cycle ! I do not understand that. Facial hair can be because of hormonal imbalance which can also result in PCOS. I think instead of excercising , you must walk daily for at least 1/2 an hour. I do not think taht it is ovarian cancer as in that case bleeding doesnot stop during periods without medicine. Vomitting and bumps ! Are you on some medicine ? Excessive weight gain is all about thyroid ! But there is nothing that can not be remedied with medicines and will power. Neither thyroid , nor PCOS nor hormonal imbalance is something to worry about too much. The can be taken care of . I do not think that there is anything really serious.
Reply:I did not have the weight gain or the vomiting.

wall flower

No comments:

Post a Comment