Sunday, April 26, 2009

Has anyone else ever had a solid mass found in their ovary?

I went to my OB/GYN on Thursday because I've been having a feeling of pressure on right side of my lower abdomen. An ultrasound revealed a solid mass inside my right ovary. It's about1/3 the size of the ovary. The doctor took blood to screen for ovarian cancer, but said he didn't think that's what it was. He said he wasn't sure what it was, but wanted to keep an eye on it for 2 months.





Has anyone else had something similar happen to them? I've had fluid filled cysts before outside the ovary, but never anything IN it.

Has anyone else ever had a solid mass found in their ovary?
I'm sure that it is a frightening feeling to know this. I personally would get a second opinion. Simply because I personally don't agree with taking a wait and see attitude when it comes to my health......I don't have a mass but have been diagnosed with having a cyst on the ovary, an enlarged fallopian tube and a 2 cm fibroid in the uterus. if you are feeling pressure that discomfort needs to be addressed..The doctor that diagnosed me wanted to do a complete hysterectomy, I am 40 years old and don't plan on having a hysterectomy any time soon for various reasons but anyway take care
Reply:My sister in law just had her ovary and what was attached to it removed was the size of a grapefruit. Not cancerous thank god.


No comments:

Post a Comment